April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to act collectively to raise awareness and empower people across the nation to play a role in making great childhoods happen—and this year your support is especially important. Evidence shows that times of high parental stress such as these can increase the risk of child abuse and neglect. At Prevent Child Abuse America, we are continuing to work throughout the COVID-19 crisis to provide the safe, stable, and nurturing relationships and environments that help children succeed and communities thrive through:
- Healthy Families America®, our signature, evidence-based home visiting program, which assists more than 70,000 families each year;
- Proactive policy and lobbying efforts in Washington, DC, as well as state capitols, to advance family-friendly legislation in the COVID-19 stimulus bills and through the Child Abuse and Prevention Treatment Act;
- A nationwide state chapter network that provides direct services to families across the country;
- Public engagement and impact campaigns, including Wear Blue Day, to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect; and
- Innovative research that drives our field forward.
This April YOU can make #GreatChildhoods happen by donating to Prevent Child Abuse America. Together, we can prevent child abuse, America—because childhood lasts a lifetime.
If you want more information on atypical donations, such as stock or mutual fund gifts or estate planning, please get in touch with us.
Offline contributions can be made by mailing a check to:
Prevent Child Abuse America
228 South Wabash Avenue, 10th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Prevent Child Abuse America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Prevent Child Abuse America’s tax ID number is 23-7235671. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-663-3520.
Online purchases are processed through iATS Payments Customer Portal.
Sign up for our newsletter
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter and we’ll make sure you never miss out on any of the great things going on at Prevent Child Abuse America.